Tommy is an deskless employee productivity software company on a mission to make shift workers happy and health both on and off the clock. Launched in 2016 with offices in Gold Coast (Australia) and Hangzhou (China), Tommy is a growing start-up using technology to improve productivity and work life balance for shift based deskless workforces. Businesses that use Tommy show they care and put employee health and happiness as a priority.
We’re committed to maintaining a mission-driven, customer focused, positive and inclusive culture made up of the best people. Tommy is a global company and has embraced a distributed workforce across +10 countries.
About the role:
This role is open to global applicants.
The Tommy Engineering team is looking for a Quality AssuranceEngineer that is interested in a key role in maintain the quality of Tommy’s platform. This position is highly collaborative and requires you to ship architecturally-sound tests at regular intervals, review your peers’ code, participate in engineering decisions and product development.
Tommy’s platform is a hybrid application using Framework7, Vue, using Cordova to compile across platforms with Cypress for end-to-end testing.
You’ll get to:
- Help the team follow best practices.
- Craft code that is part of deskless workers daily lives.
- Do meaningful work every day – we move fast focus on what matters the most to our customers.
- Take an active role in engineering discussions to arrive at the best architecturally-sound method of achieving objectives.
- Develop, test, and monitorcode and customer acceptance testing.
- Monitor performance and quickly triage and respond to defects.
- Constantly challenge the way things are done to design and implement solutions that help the team deliver faster and to a high level of quality.
- Experience with CI
- Experience with Cypress.
- Experience in test planning/scenarios/ strategy.
- You should be comfortable using Kanban project management tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
You Must Be:
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who is proactive at sensing and responding to problems (opportunities).
- Customer-Focused: You start with the customers perspective and you work backwards from there.
- Growth-Mindset: You are obsessed with always testing, learning, and improving for both new things and those done before.
- Collaborative: Your colleagues love having you on the team. You speak plainly and transparent. You are as open with concerns as you are with compliments.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Tommy, we are committed to maintaining an inclusive culture that values diversity of thought, opinion and background. Tommy provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) where all employees have equal access to opportunities. We are committed to ongoing improvement in this area and are working to remove or minimise biases in both opportunity availability and decision making to ensure the right person is in the right role.
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter.