It’s no secret the ushering in of the digital revolution is now making way for the global internet of things. Gartner Research found:
- IoT devices such as apple watches and other wearable technology had been forecasted to reach $81.5 billion in 2021.
- Spending on worn devices grew by 124% in 2020.
- The IoT market is projected to be worth $1.5 trillion by 2030.
So what are people using on their devices that is helping them live better lives? Perhaps helping them build new businesses or maybe deepen their inner-kingdom?
Here are 6 apps people are using in 2022 to:
- Spread happiness or get peace of mind.
- Bring greater work/life balance into their lives.
- Use tools to help bullet proof your productivity or digital diet.
- Help spread your message or connect with clients or fans around the world.
- Explore meditation in an easier way.
- Deepen your religious studies or share the journey with your loved ones.
Work/Life Balance, Peace & Productivity
It’s no secret the key to longevity and happiness is having a good work/life balance and routines to support positive habits. Habits can be hard to break, especially ones we aren’t aware how distracting they are from our work or life.
Researchers at the University College of London found that it takes the average person 66 days for a new habit to stick, which can vary from 18 up to 254 days! But whether you are trying to cut out a bad habit or pick up a new hobby, digital distraction will be a major roadblock in enabling you to keep focused as part of a healthy digital diet.
The Freedom app blocks certain apps and websites that can be distracting during the day, such as social media, shopping or news.
Slogan: “Experience the freedom to do what matters most. Block distracting websites and apps to stay focused on what matters most.”
- Used by over 1,000,000 people to reclaim focus and their productivity.
- You can block them anytime or set a schedule in advance.
- App and website blocker for Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Chrome.
Tommy is an Australian born mobile platform for Team Communications and Management. Whether your team washes cars or performs surgery there is a Tommy powered Solution capable of saving you time and improving your team happiness!
Slogan: “The simple way to chat, schedule, and track things together.”
- Schedule can be set to trigger actions when certain conditions are met. Example: Last-minute shift cancel. All available staff immediately messaged, replacement sent to manager for approval.
- Communication with notification preferences based on Time Clock status.
- Marketplace of mini-programs and integrations.
Sharing, Connecting, & Spreading Your Message
Influencers and entrepreneurs alike have demonstrated how platforms can be used as a tool to stay connected or get attention. The digital age is being ushered in by platforms picking up with apps such as Skype and Vine started.
Tik Tok’s huge gain in global popularity with the youth due to its many features and insane reach makes it a hot platform… but being the only China owned company, and facing data mining issues, has put the app in hot water with legislators and governments.
Whereas on the other side of the app coin, Zoom listed #6 on Fortune Magazine list of apps helping change the world for the better in 2020.
Zoom provides video telephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations.
Slogan: “In this together. Keeping you securely connected wherever you are.”
- 100k+ schools use Zoom and top educators and coaches host seminars and break through sessions using the app.
- Champion for global connectivity and togetherness during quarantines and lockdowns separating us.
- $623M revenue; market value $116,880M (in 2020).
- Ranked #6 in Fortunes “Changing the World –2020″.
Tik Tok is a video-sharing social networking platform used to make a variety of short-form videos. From genres like dance, comedy, and education, videos have a duration from three seconds to one minute.
Slogan: “make your day.”
- People are getting social media fatigue because of all the negativity on platforms such as Twitter and are now gravitating to TikTok, which is a “happier place”.
- You don’t have to give input in terms of searching or click on a category. AI can figure that out based on your behaviour.
- In 2018, TikTok rocketed to the top of Apple’s App Store and racked up a record 3.8 million first-time downloads in October.
- #1 most downloaded app on the Apple App store Q1 of 2019.
- In 2020 it’s reach 800 million active users world with around 40% being between the ages of 14-24.
- Unlike other social media platforms that are all silicon valley or USA based (facebook, twitter, google, snapchat), ByteDance is a Chinese owned company based in China.
- The United States government threatened to ban the app over data security threats and national security concerns, including a number of other dangers with Tik Tok.
- It has been banned in India with its parent company looking to relocate to Singapore.
Mind & Spirit – Apps for Religion & Spirituality
Today’s busy world doesn’t have to feel so busy or fast. Whether you are wanting to become more mindful in your life and explore meditation or perhaps you are mindful of your religious studies and want to continue your studies with your community (or find one), here are two apps that are multiplying happiness to expand your journey and share it with those you love.
Discover your inner strength and become a more relaxed and healthier you with Mindfulness.com. Experience the world’s most trusted mindfulness teachers for daily meditations and courses.
Slogan: “Your daily companion for a healthy and happy life.”
- Daily video and guided mindfulness meditation.
- Access 100s of guided meditations, courses and talks.
This bible app is a favourite of Christians worldwide, offering a free Bible experience for smartphones, tablets, and online at Bible.com.
YouVersion creates biblically-centred, relevant experiences that encourage people to seek God every day with a strong emphasis on connection and community, you can view and share comments with friends about scripture and verses you have bookmarked.
Slogan: “Bring the beauty and truth of the Bible into everyday life.”
- YouVersion offers 2,062 Bible versions in 1,372 languages for free, and without advertising.
- The Bible App offers a huge range of features in visual, audio and written format.
- Available in 40+ languages, in addition, the bible can be downloaded and read offline and the app offers multiple audio bibles.
- Installed on over 460 million unique devices all over the world.
- Average 3,516,054 web visitors monthly.
- Flagged by Tech consumer magazine CNET as an app to watch out for due to the 26 permissions requests and amount of data they gather.
Turn Happiness On & Stress Off
Although there are many out there and we plan to highlight more, those were our 6 apps to share for shift and hospitality workers to help multiply happiness. So now if you’re on the clock and need to help turn up and on to get your best work done, off the clock and want a laugh or connect with loved ones, or perhaps deepen your religious or spiritual practice, explore one of these 6 apps to help bring more happiness into your life.
Whether you are on or off the clock, on your phone or wearable device, explore one of these apps to expand yet simplify your world and let us know which apps are your favourite that should make our next list.